Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Love Letter

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"...(Edgar Allan Poe). I talk to you in my dreams....I do. Can you hear me? I speak of things that I cannot tell any other soul. With you, I feel strangely safe and I look forward to going back to sleep to meet up with you again. In this world where people get caught up in defenses, hurt others far too easily and misunderstandings undermine relationships....I prefer the clarity offered in the still of the night, when the heart communicates clearly and without hesitation. How can we bring the purity of heart into the daylight? I wish we could all just listen to our hearts. Why does that seem to be the biggest fear for souls living here on earth? Something so simple is resisted, questioned and dismissed. What a shame. I struggle to understand that, even though I am compassionate to those who are imprisoned by fear. I guess the journey must be difficult for the prize to be worth earning. It seems that only through pain, struggle, loneliness and fears that we eventually discover what our hearts really feel and how to leap into love with the excitement of a child. I guess that is our journey here....to really process all that we have been through and learned and to have those experiences give us wings instead of hardening our hearts. People have a choice regarding which version of reality they want to live. I choose the reality where I jump into a swimming hole, just for fun. A reality where I drive to Joshua Tree, just because my heart says to go there and I paint from a place of abandon instead of questioning whether it is good enough. My reality is shown in my photos, where I attempt to capture the incredible beauty in nature and in the smiles of the faces of my children, friends and family. Regarding love and romance, I prefer a reality where people trusted their hearts and love blossomed more easily, without such hesitation. Okay, our work here in earth school is to find a balance between our minds, bodies and souls...so I know that some processing is human and a part of our journey. The problem with being human sometimes though is over analysis. The mind often overtakes the heart and it becomes a power struggle. That's why I write about love, because it is so pure and beautiful and my process has been to finally trust my heart. I still work through defenses occasionally, because I too am human and we all have layers of emotions to process from living here. I meet up with you at night because in the mystery of the night with the stars sparkling in the dark.....we shine as well and in the night, we don't have to hide. In the night, we don't worry about the future, we just embrace the moment. We can be ourselves, share our deepest thoughts and touch affectionately without holding back. In the dream world, we can kiss the deepest, most romantic kiss possible because in the night, we are free and unencumbered. So I will wait for you in the night and in the day, I will hope and dream that one day.....the separation of night and day is broken and anything becomes possible. It is dawn and I need a cup of coffee to get going but I will think of you throughout the day....knowing that the daylight can illuminate hope. "Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true"...(Lyman Frank Baum).

No comments:

Post a Comment