Monday, May 18, 2015

Just One More....

Appreciate the simple things. Those from the other side might say this to us here.....
"I just wish for one more day....one more belly laugh, one more chocolate shake with whipped cream and a cherry, one more whiff of apple pie baking in the oven, one more sweet kiss, one more moment standing around the warmth of a fire on a brisk night, one more gooey-delicious s'more, one more spring day watching the flowers come back to life, one more walk on the beach, one more sunset and one more embrace... The type of hug that makes you feel warm and that all is right with the world. I just wish that everyone truly cherished each and every day they have on earth to appreciate all of the amazing moments that everyone takes for granted until they can no longer enjoy those moments because the end has come and life slips away quietly with one last breath. Savor each moment as if it's your last and you will make me smile on the other side because I know that you are not wasting those moments but instead valuing life. The bitter and the sweet in life is a part of every journey, so enjoy and I'll enjoy those moments too, through your eyes. Don't cry for me, cry for those around you alive, yet not living. I lived my days to the fullest and I hope you do too."

(A tribute to a young soul who died too young from cancer)

No comments:

Post a Comment