Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Free

I am sad about the recent losses of Carrie Fisher and George Michael. They died too young, but who am I to say since only god and their higher selves knew when they needed to go. It still seems strange to lose two more icons in 2016. Certainly hits home to me, and to others I'm guessing, that we need to live every day as if it's our last. Today is the last day for somebody out there. Death takes you by surprise usually and you generally have no time to get your affairs in order. Therefore, if you need to say something to someone, run carefree on the beach or forgive someone, there is no time like the present. I don't think I've left much unsaid. There are some people I know and love in my family, whom I'd love to say many things to, but I know they aren't listening. Those chats will have to occur on the other side I suppose, when they are more open. I don't leave things unsaid with my kids. They never have to guess about whether I love them or if I'm proud of them. I don't gush over everything they do and I'm the first to point out the areas in their lives or behavior they could improve upon. We all need honest, loving commentary once in awhile. I find that many people think criticism is loving, but its not loving if you aren't being loving to the person you are making suggestions to. If your relationship isn't filled with love, it'll just feel like criticism. In fact, on social media, people love to criticize, especially to strangers. I just have to ask why. Haters take many forms but they've been around throughout time and will always be there, so I say, ignore them. Back to living life to the fullest, I say Carpe Diem! I am more practical now, so Carpe Diem could have different meanings to each person. I just say, venture out of your comfort zone a bit, dance on the line of being comfortable and uncomfortable, and risk something today. Carrie and Michael are free now as are many of our own loved ones, who have left this earth. One day, I will be free too, so in the meantime....its time to to dance on the line today and see where it takes me.

PS: As a follow up to yesterdays post, we lost another icon, Debbie Reynolds only hours after I posted this. The loss of her daughter was too much to bare and so she is now free too. RIP Debbie and Carrie. They are together, exploring the cosmos!

No comments:

Post a Comment