Thursday, August 2, 2012

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep


Now I lay me down to sleep....
This my prayer in vivid thoughts spinning circles around my bed
I want extraordinary not mundane
I want unreal not insane
I want to wake up each day and know that I have a purpose
Not going through my day as if it's a scripted verse
Anyone can follow a manual
Wake up, brush your teeth, go to work
Then what?
Is that truly living
Or is that a living hell?
I want to be blown away by courage, compassion and magic
Knowing that something greater is at work
Weaving its way through the fabric of our awareness
That dreams are more real than we give them credit for
And hoping is not futile
And that the saying..."Anything can happen" is possible when we least expect it
That my tears are not in vain
And my laughter is contagious
That my smile is optimistic
And that our time here is worth every single minute!!
I pray that I am heard...in my thoughts and written word
We all have something to say
But many have gone silent
Muted by fear and doubt
And those who do shout
Only do so to hear themselves spout
Trying to feel alive
Even though they barely thrive
This life is but a dream
Let love shine.....It's the only real thing
In this world of greed and contempt
Love will win...when it's from the heart
I turn out the lights now
Wishing upon wishes...
That this world gets it....because waking up can mean many things
And tomorrow offers everyone another chance at redemption and awareness
See with your heart
Not with your eyes
And life will have new meaning....

No comments:

Post a Comment