Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas


Christmas is such a magical time. It seems to bring about an attitude of joy, festivities and celebration. Aside from the shopping and the busy stores, we all get a little nicer, kinder and sentimental during this month. The festivities bring family and friends together and the parties bring joy and laughter. At my kids schools, the excitement is in the air as they have their holiday plays, parties and make crafty gifts to bring home. The month sure flies by with all of the busyness, but there is nothing like the beautiful holiday decorations, holiday music and kindness in the air. I just watched "The Grinch" and I love the end, when he realizes that Christmas does not come from a store wrapped in a box, bag or bow, "perhaps Christmas means a little bit more." Here are some inspiring quotes about Christmas. "Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful"...(Norman Vincent Peale). "Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind"...(Mary Ellen Chase). "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys"...(Charles Dickens). As I listen to Tony Bennett's Christmas CD and watch the snow fall outside, my heart warms with the Christmas spirit. The spirit of the the birth of Christ is a sentiment that is inspiring as well, regardless of religious affiliation or beliefs. The lessons teaching of service and humility, forgiveness, faith, turning the other cheek, and love for humanity. This is a time of year when we all are more open to kindness, charity, and reaching out to loved ones. Of course since I am idealistic, it sure would be nice if everyone could carry a bit more holiday cheer throughout the year and not only in December. Here is my holiday wish for each and every day, 365 days a year. I wish for hearts to heal and be open to forgiveness and compassion. I wish to celebrate each and every day as if it is Christmas morning, filled with the joy of waking up and the faith that there is magic happening all around us. Lastly, I wish for hope and love to light our hearts with the sentiment of Christmas throughout the year. Have a very Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Denise,
    Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love to decorate the house,put lights outside and put up a real tree. Also there is always Christmas music playing and my boys just love to dance to the music. I noticed this past week my neighbors are in such a great mood. My next door meighbor even used her snow blower yesterday to plow my driveway out. But the rest of the year all my neighbors seem to be miserable. Sometimes I wonder why ? Why can't they be kind and nice the rest of the year.Even my family is in a good mood. I wish Christmas time would be all year round so people will be kinder to one another. I am very kind to everyone I come across and I am teaching my boys to be too.
    My boys are so excited about Santa coming in a few days.
    Just seeing their faces on Christmas morning is priceless.
    Merry Christmas Denise.
    KELLEY

    ReplyDelete