Thursday, August 12, 2010

I Got You


"Spirit is an invisible force made visible in all life"...(Maya Angelou). The law of attraction is one that baffles even the most intelligent minds. Attraction between individuals can be very spiritual in nature. It is the souls way of sending out a beacon to call out to whomever can resonate with you. True attraction is a very moving experience. Deeper attraction is not just a superficial, "he or she is cute" feeling or minor stirrings of hormones. Sometimes a deeper connection may start out that way...but a soulful connection is one which generally hits you out of nowhere and send all of your defenses into high alert. Defenses sounding alarms can be healthy...it is the persons way of pacing the intense attraction. There is a dance of intimacy that occurs between individuals. One person moves forward, the other steps back and vice versa. It is a dance of sorts as the individuals feel each other out and get to know one another. When there is intense attraction, it becomes even more important to balance the delicate dance of intimacy. People often become afraid of that which they may have secretly desired. It's a bit overwhelming to feel so intensely connected to an individual through attraction. It's irrational yet intoxicating. Safe relationships based on very little attraction but with a lot of knowledge of each other are less intense and don't tend to push the panic buttons that more passionate connections do. I vote for passionate relationships but there is something valuable to learn in the more sedate connections too. I consider connections with individuals to be very spiritual in nature because it is where we often learn the most. If life is our teacher then relationships are the crux of life's lessons. Don't we tend to learn the most about ourselves through relationships. The most important thing I have learned about relationships is to see others more clearly for who they really are versus wanting to change them. I had to learn to give myself that gift first. Often when people don't accept themselves they project criticism onto the partnerships they attract creating a vicious cycle of "I'd love you if." All relationships affect you however and sometimes people shift and change because they grew from the experience. I choose now to attract someone who adores me for who I am and want to give the same gift in return. I've learned from counseling countless individuals as well as from my own past that attracting someone for what you hoped they would be versus who they are, never works. Now if I feel "I got you," it means that I am always there for you, even through separation or distance. In return, I want to attract someone who feels the same way. Two individuals should be able to maintain their identities, yet come together in attraction, passion and the equal desire to be together. "I got you," is also about seeing each other clearly and connecting deeply through that knowledge. Through my journey of trust, I will always look deeper into myself for the answers I seek about relationships. My intuition and thus my heart directs me, especially when my defenses start kicking into high gear. We all have the ability to quiet our minds to feel the answers, which wait patiently to be uncovered if people would just start navigating through their defenses a little easier. The defenses are the gate keeper but are not meant to block you from getting what you want. So enjoy the dance of intimacy and work with your defenses in the best possible ways to still push forward to allow passionate relationships to occur. We certainly need more connected unions in our society because those unions can be the most divine and they allow us to feel our souls soar to new heights. "Think of this random Universe where everything is possible. The organizational skills belong to Law of Attraction. If you will relax and allow Law of Attraction to do the organization and the managing, then you can spend your time doing the things that please you"...(Abraham Hicks).

No comments:

Post a Comment