Friday, October 17, 2014

Let it Fade

Letting an old life crumble and allowing a new life to unfold often meets with resistance and fear mixed with excitement. I let my old life fade away and like the sun going down creates a beautiful sunset and then the moon follows filled with the mystery of the dark, my new life was created from the stars, breathing new life into my soul. Watching the sun go down is a beautiful sight as the sun begins it's decent from the sky. We know the sun never disappears however, it's just temporarily hidden from our view...spreading light elsewhere, only to gloriously return to us the following morning. I had to maintain that kind of hope and optimism during my darkest days. It is what kept me going...knowing that the dark provided the moon, the stars, the unknown and that there is as much to learn from the night as there is to gleam from the day. I learned to go within and that my external life was not where my security existed. I had to create an incredible trust with myself, with god and with those parts of existence that seem hidden. People build security in jobs, marriages, homes, and routine. Those things can certainly add to our life or take away, depending on the quality of those relationships, however the real journey is inside of yourself. Letting my old life fade away was certainly a challenge at times, mostly from the world around me. When we seek change, those people tied to us may or may not want changes of their own as they may be living their own masquerade and they do not want the mask to be taken off. The charade might be another's way of surviving and the fight that ensue's to get you to change back and put your mask back on is paramount to innocent women being jailed and tortured during the Salem witch trials. The same you might say? Women were jailed for simply using herbs from their gardens, being beautiful and seductive, and for being different. When change occurs against someone's will because you simply change, the attacks on your character can be profound. I learned something incredible though during my times of challenge, when people around me were on the attack. I discovered that challenge is good. Challenge separates the faint of heart from those hearts that are divinely inspired. I realized that my heart and will could not be broken and from the rubble, I emerged anew. I can say now.."Let it fade" with the utmost confidence that as the day turns into night and night into day, I will continue to shine, illuminating the divine essence of all that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment