Friday, October 10, 2014

Home

Lighten up is about letting go of pain from your past, being yourself and choosing enlightenment. It dawned on me last night that people carry so much excess baggage with them in the form of material items, worries about money, addictions, fears, resentments and more. The excess baggage I listed creates a hosts of problems physically for people causing illness, sleeplessness, emotional distress, etc. If our body is suppose to be our temple, then why are so many people treating their bodies terribly and giving away their power to others by expecting others to heal them, rather than gathering the tools and education to heal themselves? Of course seeking help is important, but I see people become addicted to the help they seek instead of being empowered to help themselves. That would be like continuing to clog your pipes with excess garbage but giving your plumber the key to your house and expecting them to fix it every time the pipes get backed up. Each of us has the ability to be intuitive and to seek the answers that feel right to us. The irony is, if you go to ten different doctors about an issue, often you'll get 10 different answers. Even in seeking help, you need to be empowered enough to be your own advocate. We are bombarded with scare tactics in the media as well which are more ways that keep people disempowered. Lighten up is about tuning in to your intuition rather than listening to others. Don't even listen to me! My words are my perspective...and each person should sit with every bit of information they tune into to see what makes sense to them and what does not. I thought about my own journey last night and I was definitely called by my intuition to lighten up. Over the years, I had to start questioning my own belief system. I use to own a house in Connecticut. When I was contemplating a move to California, I was so insistent at first that I had to buy a home in California instead of renting. I had some belief that owning was more secure than renting. Finally, I let go of that belief and rented a home. I found that there was virtually no difference. Other than not getting a tax break, I had less worries in a rental. I also had the freedom to move when it was time instead of the headache of selling. I take pride in any home I live in, whether I rent or own, so I learned that renting was just as worthy as owning and in fact a lot easier. As it turned out, we lost a lot of money on the house we owned in Connecticut and we had a tougher time letting the house go because we owned it. We had more emotional ties to the home because we owned it! I can laugh now in retrospect because ownership is really an illusion. We really never own anything. I can compare that to our bodies. Let's face it...we don't own the bodies we were born into. We can't keep them forever. We are simply renting them. Once we are done with this life, our bodies will die and our souls live on, to be born again. I observe people treating their bodies the same way as houses. They become too possessive over them...owning them so completely that they fear death. They fear letting go of the body they have become so attached to, so they obsess about death, create health issues and they never fully enjoy the body they have been living in. Their home has become something they think they own and they refuse to let go. Other's are in denial, they demolish their bodies with abuse because they are detached from themselves and they are like squatters, taking little to no responsibility for the home they've been given for this lifetime. Others fall somewhere in between. When you honor this life, this body, this home, even this Earth, you treat it with the respect of ownership but with the conscious awareness that we are all renters. None of us get to keep our bodies indefinitely, since our lease is always time limited. Some have longer leases than others but we are all renters nonetheless. Back to the plumber analogy, you can learn to head off many physical problems by taking better care of your body...but the process has to include the emotions. Clogged pipes=suppressed emotions...same thing! So lighten up...enjoy the body you are renting but take care of it because it's the home you'll reside in until your lease is up. Your body reflects the mind and a mind that is filled with junk will emanate junk and a mind that is clean and filled with love will exude love. Your soul on the other hand has the capacity to express unlimited beauty and love but the mind is the gatekeeper, choosing to either keep the soul in chains or to shift into one's heart therefore allowing one's body to reflect the mind-body-soul united. Your soul is your castle, so choose to shine like one.

No comments:

Post a Comment